When was the last rabies vaccine?  Perhaps a titre test to see if that vaccine
is still effective?

While I understand and agree with your concerns, there is another issue.  What
if the cat gets stressed and bites someone?  (Those of us who work with ferals
say that the rabies vaccine's greater purpose is to protect the cat against
ignorant humans.)

Perhaps consider titre testing and also look at what rabies vaccine would be
the easiest on the system.