If you can avoid it, I would not get the rabies vaccine.  Is there anyway
she will be exposed to a bat or raccoon or infected animal on the way?  I
doubt it.  The vaccines and their requirements were started, and are likely
still in place, more to protect people than the animal.  I would steer far
away from vaccinating an animal in her condition if at all possible.

Jenny