Renee, for the trip to the vet, try Feliway spray.  use it in carrier and car.
most vets have it or a petstore.  most of the time it works for me.  And then,
there is always the one who says No all the way to the vet.  You could also use
Rescue Remedy, an herbal product for same thing.  Most important for his
health, give him lots of love, good food and keep his stress levels down as
much as possible.  It is good that you have started him on Lysine, that will
boost his immune system.
Even tho he tested positive for felv, don't give up on him.