Have all the other outside cats been tested?  How long have they been living
with that group of cats?

We have an feLV+ cat who has lived outside at our house for at least 4 years
now.  She and a small feral colony came with the house.  Last year I tested her
best buddy because I thought I might have a home for him and he was negative.
So it really isn't that transmissible within a healthy adult population.