Hi Avia
I've heard about the five year mark and I've also heard the three year obstacle and I've learned from my cat that
 there are no guarantees for any of us.
When I got my cat she was highly symptomatic (URI, swollen glands, stomatitis, diarrhea...you name it). I have had her for three years
and she has recovered from everything with the exception of stomatitis.
She is roughly four years old and I sweated getting her past the three year mark and of course I am trying to ignore the 'five year theory' because I think we can all become victims of statistics and other people's consideration. I am coping by doing everything I can to help her live as comfortably as possible for as long as possible. She is doing fine. I'm the one who needs to do the work. Ignore the woman from the rescue group. Every FeLV kittten
has its own path. Just keep loving them.

Jane