Hello everyone,
I've been on the list for several months but haven't posted anything. My
neighbor and I are taking care of 4 FeLV cats.  Their mother was a stray cat in
our neighborhood and had kittens in our garage.  I was just trying to cut a mat
out of one of them, just under her front leg, and accidentally cut her skin.  I
feel so bad. I've never done that before to any pet.  It bled a little but its
just the skin that was cut.  We put some Neosporin on it and a little gauze
bandage.  We didn't have any gauze to wrap around the bandage to keep it on so
I cut  a clean Handiwipe in strips and tied it on.  I'm just wondering if
that's the right thing to do.  Do you think I need to take her to the vet right
away or can we just watch it for a few days?  I don't want to stress her by
taking her to the vet if I don't have to.   I have 2 cats of my own and have
had quite a few vet bills lately too.  I don't need any more but I want to do
the right thing too.  How do you treat cuts in a FeLV cat? She's almost 2 years
old.
 I'm becoming quite a worrier.  We have already lost 2 of the kittens we
originally had so I'm on this list to learn as much as I can.   Originally my
vet told us they were FIV and not FeLV but I found out too late for the first
one that that's not the case.  I changed vets and I have someone I can trust
now. My heart and prayers go out to all of you who have lost  little ones
lately.   I cry ever time I read about them and almost got off the list because
it's so painful but I thought I better stay on to learn as much as I can.
Thanks for any advice you have.

Linda