You have taken FeLV+ & elderly cats from us!
Our diabetic cat went to rescue yesterday.

--- On Tue, 4/13/10, Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Beth <create_me_...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] on shelters and rescues
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 2010, 1:14 PM

Thank you for all you do for Georgia, Laura.
Our rescue pulls from many Animal Controls in GA. We don't euthanize for FIV or
FeLV. In fact we have an entire house we rented to house all the FIV kitties.
One of our volunteers nicknamed it "The House of Love". We have adopted some of
them out.
We do pull some "pretty" cats that we know will be easy adoptions, especially
if they are already fixed. If a cat is going to be an easy adoption, & make us
a few dollars it helps defer some of the costs for the animals who cost us a
lot - and we have many of those. We certainly don't ask for vetting to be done.
We also have many special needs cats & have taken elderly cats, abused cats,
3-legged cats, etc.. The one cat I have on My FeLV Cats Face Book page was
pulled by our rescue from an AC. We think he was beaten with a baseball bat. We
do take some owner surrenders. I guess we get them before they go to AC. We
also try to help people as best we can to keep the cat they are trying to
surrender if it is through no fault of their own.

Beth
Dont Litter, Fix Your Critter! www.Furkids.org