i've ALWAYS wondered if daddy's contributed to viral status--could being
truly positive affect the gene plasma (is that the term?). i know that there
are things that do that in humans, so why not in cats? (viruses aren't
genetic! is what i get back, but i'm talking about changes that the virii
might produce.....)

MC

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Lorrie <felineres...@kvinet.com> wrote:

> That's interesting Carmen, I wonder if having different males
> father the kittens could be the reason some were positive and
> other's negative when the mother was negative. I guess we'll
> never know.
>
> Lorrie
>

> On 06-02, Carmen Conklin wrote:
> > 1. RE. Immunity.
>
> > Hi, Lorrie, I read with interest your post and wanted to weigh in
> > on an interesting circumstances that happened at our sanctuary some
> > years ago which made us determine that we had to test every cat and
> > kitten in a litter. We had a mother cat come in who was pregnant.
> > She was NEGATIVE for any virus (several tests) She had five
> > kittens. Two of those kittens were Positive FeLV and three were
> > negative (from then on) Since then we have had others tell us a
> > similar story.  Something to do in the breeding part I believe.
> > The post made me think of that mother cat and her five kittens.
> > Carmen

Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....

MaryChristine