From: paola cresti
 <iend...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] IMPORTANT CAT VACCINE WARNING
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 12:17 AM

a question, I saw posts from 2 people having FeLV+ cats in the house with non
affected cats. How do you gys manage that?
I just rescued a stray that turned out to be incredibly sweet and FeLV+ but I
have 6 others that are indoor/outdoor  so they are all vaccinated for FeLV but
since it's not 100% I am keeping rescue kitty in the garage and hoping to find
someone with a closed household willing to take him as a sole cat or an
additional cat to a household with another FeLV+ cat.  Having no luck so far
(found a possible person with 2 infected cats in NY but I'm in Los Angeles)

I'm looking into what I must do if I keep him and for this I also joined this
listserv. Do you have them mingle? I figure food dishes should
 definitely be
kept separate. My cats are indoor/outdoor and I caught a feral last year who
was
also FeLV+ so I'm thinking it's been going around and if they were likely to
catch it they might have already done so?

I know it's not an exact science but this cat's desperate about being left
alone
in a room, I sit with him for a while but when I leave he cries for a really
long time.

Sorry for the long post.
thanks
Paola