I am afraid I have some very bad news concerning Acemannan. I have found out the manufacturer, Carrington Labs, is out of business. I emailed VPL and they said as far as they know, there is no one else making it. So, we have another product that was effective in saving the lives of cats that is no longer available.

Gary

From: "gary" <gcru...@centurytel.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:50 AM
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Now it's Murphy-I can't take much more-Sourcesforproducts?

It is made by Carrington Labs and was being marketed by VPL, but it is no longer on their website and a search shows their contract with Carrington Labs expired in April. I am going to call Carrington Labs in the morning and see if they have another distributor, I sure hope it is still available. It comes in a box containing four 10 mg containers. The last time my vet ordered it, it was $225, that was his cost. The protocol is 2 mg/KG IP, weekly for 6 weeks and then monthly. The monthly shots can be given sub-q. For those unfamiliar with what IP means, it means through the wall of the abdomen.

The instructions say you must use it within 4 hours of mixing it, but the vet who was the technical assistance person for VPL told me any leftover would keep fine in the fridge for a week and for a month in the freezer.

Gary