From: Alice Flowers <aliceflow...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Murphy Update-doing better!
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Date: Sunday, August 1, 2010, 3:30 PM

A week ago I thought it was over because he was so lethargic and anemic-the vet
visit on 7/23 showed on the in-office test a PCV 18.5% and TP 4.2 (I'm not
totally sure what the TP is). His gums were pale, almost white and he was
barely
eating-it comes on so fast. We started him on Procrit 3 injections a week, doxy
2x a day and an iron supplement capsule 1x a day. Interferon 2x a day. We also
gave both he and Rosie their LTCI injection-it was 4 weeks from the last one.
His lab CBC came back with RBC 3.52 HGB 5.1 and HCT 22.5 Lymphocytes 5. He has
also lost a little over a pound since January, but isn't thin.  A week later on
7/29 we took him in for an in-office test  (Thursday) his PCV 23% and TP 5.0-he
is acting like his old self again-racing me into the kitchen, standing on his
hind legs and grabbing the cabinet door with his huge paws and banging the door
until he gets a treat! He is back to jumping to the top of the bookcase in the
spare room-the eagle is back! He is still resting  more than usual-but isn't
wiped out like before-if he hears something interesting, he just has to see
what
it is-Mr Nosy! I am hopeful that he continues to improve-I don't know what
triggers the anemia, in January his HCT 39.5  HGB 14.4 and RBC 10.85. He is so
good natured-you can give him his shot and pills and he still follows like a
puppy and never gets difficult to doctor.  Alice and Glenn humans owned by
Murphy and Rosie!