Alice,

You are riding quit the roller coaster.  I have to tell you that I think the
hematocrit is fantastic.  Was epogen given, I don't recall.  To reverse
anemia in felv cat is a great accomplishment.  It suggests that he still has
normal progenitor cells capable of making healthy RBCs which means the virus
has not completely won.

Fever can come from a lot of things - infection, stress, lymphoma,
toxins, autoimmune diseases, etc.  In human medicine, when all identifiable
causes of fever are ruled out, it is called and FUO - fever of unknown
origin.  There are a lot of cytokines and fever producing molecules/proteins
that are associated with hematologic processes.  Often fever is a result of
the immune system being active - whether this is in response to infection,
toxin or neoplastic disease.  Although, I would be very cautious about a
fever and look for any source of infection or neoplasm, I would also not
consider a fever to be a bad thing.

There is so much that is unknown about felv and how the body reacts to it
especially in the presence of treatment.  I would not consider it out of the
realm of possibility that the treatment you have provided is aiding him in
fighting the virus.  This could easily cause a low grade fever.  What I am
trying to say is that a fever may in fact indicate something positive rather
than negative.  Again, I would be cautious and look for any sign of
infection of neoplasm.  I would also still follow the CBC.  The hematocrit,
though is wonderful.  I will continue to pray for all of you.

Jenny