Hi Edna,

I'm sure many others will write to you about this, but FelV is not
all that contagious.  It's usually transmitted by sharing food and
water bowls or by grooming each other, and maybe litter boxes, but
not sure about that.  As you've heard, the virus cannot live long
outside the cat's body, so there is no need to bleach things other
than food and water bowls, litter boxes etc.

Thanks for fostering this kitty, and for the record I have almost as
many cats as you have!  I have 13 at home and 10 in my cageless no
kill shelter building in town, and I also feed a feral colony.
Gotta love those furry little kitties!

Lorrie