Hi everyone-

A few days ago I posted about a foster cat who tested positive via a SNAP test
for FeLV.  We brought him in for the IFA test and I just found out that he
tested negative!  This is certainly very welcome news. I understand that we
will
have to have him retested, but this result is certainly more encouraging than a
positive result!

>From what I understand, FeLV cats are usually only infectious when they reach
stage 5 of the disease.  Oscar got in a very brief (30 second) fight with
another foster cat about a week ago.  I had her SNAP tested (negative) and have
confined her ever since pending a retest in 30 days.  Since Oscar is not
infectious, is it safe to let her out of her confinement or would you recommend
keeping her quarantined for another month?

Thanks,

Rachel