Bonnie, I have been using L-Lysine for almost 2 years now with absolutely no
problem. I also buy the 1 lb. container online, about $10-14 (very cheap),
it's the Now brand. Just do a search for it. It's the powder form,
pharmaceutical grade and I put 1/8 tsp in wet food daily (which is about 250
mg). My cat has never had a problem with this. This container lasts a very
long time.