From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Alice Flowers
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:13 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Aww Geez-Murphy's starting to crash-vet visit today

This is the craziest roller coaster!!! Geez-Sunday Murphy was a busy bee,
all
happy and jabbering up a storm. He was finally feeling better with a week of

Lysine under his belt and the sneezing and sniffles were subsiding.
Yesterday he
was fairly quiet but I thought he may have done too much the day before.
Last
night he did not eat, went into the spare room and laid on the floor in the
dark. Not his style, normally he's nearby. This morning he laid in the
kitchen
until he got his meds, then didn't want to eat. I was able to call the vet
from
work and get him in this afternoon. We just got home. His PCV dropped 10 pts
28 and may be even lower because he's a bit dehydrated. We will bump the
Procrit
up to 2x a week and increase the iron caps to every night instead of every
other
night. Maybe we lowered the dose too quickly....he began the end of July
with
his first crash at 3x a week with the Procrit, then we dropped it to 2x-he
bounced back so well that we dropped him to once a week when his HCT got to
38
two weeks ago. His lungs still sound good, but breathing is a little labored

from being anemic. Ultrasound showed a little fluid around the heart, but
nothing like the fluid in his chest in July and August, temp is normal, eyes

clear. So please friends, more little purrayers for my bestest buddy!!
Alice
and the kiddos!