Our expendable dollars were spent in euthanizing a young sweetie in February
and SNAP tests for 7 cats on March 1.  Five cats tested positive.  We have not
done any blood work since my pockets are empty.  I watch nose and gum color.

The vet saw Pookashay in May.  I had made an appointment to have him euthanized
because his breathing was so rough.  He was better on the appointment day.  The
vet heard a murmur.  She suggested a possible cause was anemia.  I started him
on Aunt Jeni's fish oil after reading a post here . He has developed a cough in
the last several weeks.  We live in the low land of the Carolina Piedmont - -
lots of human allergies and sinusitis.  The cats are outside in a segregated
country area and inside at night (not good air inside either).

I took Pookashay back to the vet earlier this month.  The vet said she did not
hear fluid in his lungs.  She did not think it a productive cough.  She
suggested children's benadryl prn.  When questioned, she said she did not hear
a murmur.

I feed Evo supplementing with a bit of raw beef liver, raw beef heart, Uber
Greens, Aunt Jeni's, lysine and Dr. Belfield's Mega C/Welch's mango juice and
sometimes PetTinic  I quit the acyclovir after 6 months because it didn't seem
to be making any difference.  A different vet had recommended that.  Some of
the cats surely supplement their diet from other sources.

Pookashay wants to stay inside often which has not been like him.  He lost his
front teeth last winter before I knew what was going on.  The vet didn't say
anything about his teeth or gingivitis.

Any comments would be appreciated.  Forgive me for going on and on.  Ours posts
are often hard to read through my tears.  You certainly make the road less
lonely.  we are honored to know you and by the furry souls.

Thanks.

health & laughter; purrs & rubs