hi Stacy

We are anxiously awaiting more news.  I admire your courage in forging ahead
and covering all bases while waiting for results.  With Spanky's spunk and your
care, I know you will carve out more wonderful time with this sweet baby.

You can try Denamarin for him for his liver - it's basically the pharmaceutical
companies 'discovering' sam-e/milk thistle and selling it - or you could just
do that on your own with health food supplements (do research as to dosage,
check other ingredients etc) .  - only natural pet
http://www.onlynaturalpet.com   sells a liver supplement for kitties (several)
- that's an option too.  My FIV boy has cholangeal hepatitis and we go thru
liver issues - 2 wks on Denamarin brings them back to normal.  You might want
to try this from your vet to see how he reacts.  My guy, when it's combined
with antibiotics, looses his appetite.  On it's own, it's ok IF I give about an
hour before meals.  They will tell you to give at bedtime so it's on an empty
tummy but it never worked for us.  Even giving before dinner was still
effective.

It was reasonably priced. here's the link for more info...looks like you can
get it from this site but your vet might be quicker....

http://www.nutramaxlabs.com/vet/products/Denamarin.aspx

hugs to sweet Spanky,

Shannon and Whimsy