From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Emeraldkittee
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2010 5:29 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] planning for Whimsy's checkup-what to get

Whimsy's check up is in a few weeks and wanted to get your opinions on what
to get done.

We will likely have to have him under like before, as I don't see him being
cooperative, but we'll see.  I'll be touching base with my vet to solidify
'the plan'.

I am going to have the snap test re-done because theoretically he could be
double positive (FIV), full blood panel, urine tested (stool was recently
tested already), micro chipped, oral exam - anything else that is good to do
as long as he is there?  The only 'issue' I notice is he tends towards mild
constipation (ever since I met him) - given the issues that can face an
FeLV's intestines, is it prudent to do an xray? or anything else?

The temps have plummeted here in the Midwest and I'm so grateful he's safe
and warm inside.  We bought him lots of toys and warm bedding.  Because he's
in the sun room, he has more square footage than any other cat (or person!)
living here.  It's so wonderful to spoil him as he should be.

Thanks for any input.

Shannon and Sir Whimsy the Spoiled