reposting, think this one was too big before, sorry.

--- On Wed, 12/15/10, Emeraldkittee <emeraldkit...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Emeraldkittee <emeraldkit...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] how to know if your "only" needs a friend?
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Wednesday, December 15, 2010, 9:42 PM

I'm glad people have had luck w/ Feliaway - I sure haven't, it's been more like
Stealaway (my money) - better luck with rescue remedy.  Proper intros work
great for me - see each other first, then smell, then visits - all with
treats.  Since Whimsy is in one large space, there really is no where to put a
new baby except a traditional cage.  so, a proper introduction wouldn't be an
option..unless.....  We did build a cool 'tower cage' out of closet materials
at the advice of a behaviorist many years ago (when we didn't do proper intros
and had a disaster on our hands).  I would have to enlist my man's time to do
that again, but it might work!

If anyone is curious, here's the behaviorist's site with links to the closet
cage - ours is still used and they all love it. http://www.kittykouch.com/
click on The Gallery - these are used in the outdoors here, but ours in
inside.  She was so reasonably priced (phone consult) and we found her helpful.

Shannon