The possible costs should be told to an adopter so they can make a decision
before adopting the kitten.  For myself, I am a bit overweight so I figure that
I can afford to eat less and take care of my cats.  It is a personal decision
that requires some serious thought.  One cannot make such a decision lightly.
After all,this cat's life depends on you and once you take it into your heart
and find you cannot care for it is the wrong time to make decisions.  best to
do what is best for the kitten, not you.