If still sealed in the sterile bag, check the expiration date.

Once the sterile bag is opened, keep the fluids refrigerated.  I only keep
an opened bag for one week, always refrigerated and always do my best to
keep it sterile.  The biggest problem is contamination and bacterial
growth.  If the bag is at all cloudy (keep in mind lacted ringers has
potassium which gives it a slight yellow look but very minimal and the bag
is sometimes not crystal clear so try to look in the middle where there is
often a clear line) or you see things floating in it (not air bubbles those
are always there) absolutely do not use it.  You will basically be infusing
you cat with a massive dose of bacteria.  I am always cautious of this.

You can use the lines for up to two bags, but always keep the ends sterile
so as not to contaminate and carry over into a second bag.  Always use new
needles.

Hope it helps.

Jenny