To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2011 11:09 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Rosie's Lymphoma-Still Hanging In There!!

Going on 3 weeks since her labs and diagnosis Feb 24. She's been on 5 mg
prednisolone 2x a day along with 1cc of Interferon squirted in her mouth. She also gets a shot of PennG every 5 days and one Leukeran pill every 3 days. She's had 5 Leukeran pills so far. Last week she began sneezing alot so I added Cypro again. To make it easier, I crushed the 1/2 tab of Cypro and combined it inside one gel cap with the pred-there was room left in the cap so I added a pinch of Lysine and a tiny bit of iron for good luck. I divided one of Murphy's iron capsules I had left since he went to the rainbow bridge in October. One iron cap into 6 of the gel caps. She has been eating and drinking fine-too much-she was
meowing constantly-at first I thought she was in pain, but she wanted
treats...constantly. The Pred has her eating too much-she was sleek, now she seems all bloated and has a belly and waddles-not a pretty look for a princess! She also sleeps a lot. I tried to feel for the mass in her left lymph node by her throat and it does seem to be smaller. I'll call her Dr tomorrow to see about the Pred dosage and her being all bloated. Thanks for all the purrayers-so far, so good-I am not ready for her to join her 4 brothers and Murphy-mom needs her princess here! Alice, Rosie, Miso and Sachi (2 FeLV- kitties adopted after
Murphy passed away)