Figures the virus would mutate.  My husband and I were talking and thinking
that the vaccine probably helps the cat develop antibodies to one general form
of the virus so even if a different form or mutation of the virus is introduced
into the system the antibodies created from the "general form" of the virus
would be strong enough to combat the mutated form as well.  Make sense?

So in theory it would work if the cat got the virus and extinguished it the
same way as if the cat were vaccinated.

However, I think all you guys might be right.  Just vaccinate the negatives
before introducing another positive just to be safe.  To assume that my cats
that test negative now have contacted the virus and extinguished it (just
because they lived with the FeLV + kitty for two years) might be taking a big
risk.  Even though the cats were together two years maybe for some reason they
never got enough of the virus into their system for their bodies immune system
to have to respond.  So then they really don't have immunity in their system.

I guess it's not worth taking the risk.