Great news! Just make sure to re-test after 3 months. That is what I have
always heard is the incubation period.

Beth

--- On Sat, 5/7/11, Lynda Wilson <longhornf...@verizon.net> wrote:

From: Lynda Wilson <longhornf...@verizon.net>
Subject: [Felvtalk] Got great news today
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2011, 9:00 PM

Some of you already know my story. I fostered, then adopted a 3 mos old kitten
from the Humane Society. He passed away this past March of FeLV. I have been
worried sick about my other cat since he had not had the vaccine.  He had his
second ELISA test today and it was negative. My vet did agree with me from my
research that normally a cat that has been exposed to FeLV will test positive
28 days after exposure. So far so good. I'm feeling more confident that he has
cleared the virus since he is an adult cat (2 yrs old) and has always been
healthy.

I'm so glad to be a part of this group and have learned so much from many of
you.

Thanks for all your support! I'll still keep you posted and I wish the same
outcome for all the kitties fighting this horrible disease!!