>From my reading and limited understanding I will answer your questions.  Just
>don't take it as the gospel.

If the virus is in the bone marrow but not the blood it's referred to as being
dormant.  Your kitty cannot pass it to other kitties as long as it stays
dormant.  One book I read did say that many times cats that contract the virus
but put it into dormancy will actually be able to extinguish the virus at some
point.  So it is possible that your kitty could one day be free of it totally.
If she is not able to completely extinguish the virus it is definitely possible
that it never gets into her blood or white blood cells.  The reading made it
seem like as long as the virus stays dormant then it should never cause
problems.  However, it can turn viremic which means it gets into her blood.
Sometimes stress and other illnesses can activate the virus.  But, whether it
causes any problems at that point is a coin toss.  I've heard of cats living
into their  mid to late teens even with the active virus so who knows.  It's so
hard to predict how each cat's immune system will deal with the virus.

You are very lucky that even though she contracted the virus as a kitten that
she was able to put it into dormancy.  Many kittens that get it will die young.
 Maybe she will be one of those that will eventually get rid of the virus
completely since her immune system was stronger than most kittens.

So all that just to say who the heck knows what will happen.  It's so
unpredictable.  You had the IFA test done too didn't you?

As far as the interferon goes, I have a friend who believes in it and gives it
to her FIV and FeLV kitties every day and has for years.  She gets it from a
pharmacy that compounds it and puts it into a chicken flavored liquid that she
gives to them.  I don't know if you need it or not if your cat has put the
virus into dormancy but I wouldn't think it would hurt her to take it.  I think
it is just some kind of super charged immune system booster.  Not sure though.

sent from my AT&T Smartphone by HTC