To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, July 04, 2011 9:25 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Dexter

We are having a hard time making a very tough decision for Dexter. In the past three days, Dex has suffered facial and paw swelling and has started having difficulty breathing. Today has been bad and he is now receiving oxygen at the Dallas emergency vet clinic. X-rays show that he has lymph node involvement in every area and his liver and spleen are enlarged and have move out of the proper body cavity. This puts him in, I think, stage 4 of lymphosarcoma. He is whimpering and obviously in pain. We don't want to give up and we are willing to do chemo for him. We want to do what's best for Dexter, but it is so hard to make that final decision. Is it time for his suffering to be over? Does he have a chance?