Oh - since you guys mentioned asthma I just wanted to throw out there that if
any of your kitties ever develop asthma there is a wonderful feline asthma
group.  The people on that list know more about it than a lot of vets because
it's not that common and they've had years of experience with it.  I have a cat
with asthma and with their help I got him on inhaled medications, same kind
that humans use, and it's wonderful and keeps his asthma under control.  Not
nearly as hard on the body as prednisone or other steroids which is how asthma
in cats is usually controlled.  Lots of vets have not had experience with using
inhaled medications (Flovent) on cats so they either tell owners to put their
cats on prednisone or steriod shots for the rest of their life.  Or the vets
that know about inhaled meds for cats will start them on the lowest dosage of
Flovent and then when it doesn't help the asthma the vet thinks inhaled meds
doesn't work for cats.  This asthma group is great and can help get a kitty on
the right dosage and give you lots of tips to get them used to using the
Aerokat to do the inhaled treatments.

I also use an online pharmacy called 4 Corners which is located in New Zealand,
to get the meds.  It's one third of the cost as the drugs in the U.S.

Anyway, just wanted you guys to know so if you ever need help with an asthma
kitty go straight to that group.  I don't know what I would have done without
them.  My vet knew about asthma and even gave me an Aerokat but she didn't
think it was easy to get a cat to take inhaled meds so she just recommended a
steroid shot every 6 weeks.  Thank God I found the group.