Natalie, I had a similar experience with my Sparky. He was a huge 30lb, 4 ft long cat (not a leukemia cat)! He was 15 1/2 yrs old. He never cried, I could just tell he was uncomfortable. He seemed to have a tooth bothering him from the way he was eating and I took him to a dentist that did high-risk dental work. Sparky had an enlarged heart (no surprise due to his weight). When I took him in for his dental appt. I told the vet that he had not had a BM in a few days. I approved an xray. It revealed he had a mass in his intestines and the cancer had eaten away 2 areas of his intestine. I don't understand how cats can hide their pain so well!!

By the way, Sparky had an eating disorder. We tried putting him on the Purina OM diet along with Pebbles (before she was a diabetic) and Sparky did not like it and was not eating enough of it and had liver problems. The vet just told me to let him eat and be happy. If we did not leave food out he would claw our new bed mattress, then eat tissues/toilet paper, lick plastic where he could find it. If you still did not feed him he would toss his stomach bile.

I'm fortunate to have had him 15 1/2 years. I still miss him. He's buried in my back yard. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Natalie" <at...@optonline.net>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Please add Xana to the CLS

I am so sorry, Esther! It's always so hard to lose a furry one. Last week,
unexpectedly, and without any warning, one of the very healthy" 15 yr old
cats started having some problems on Monday night. We had to euthanize him on Friday morning - he had a huge growth in his colon, it actually came out with the colon like a huge sausage....no weight loss, eating normally, etc.
- he must have been in pain or at least some discomfort for a while, but
NEVER let on!