We have a no kill shelter here in Lincoln County and the "animal control"
officers are finally getting the message that shooting them or sticking their
noses in the exhaust of a car is not the answer.  They bring them to PALS.
Problem is, PALS is strictly volunteer  and contributions only.  They get no
help from anywhere so they do not have enough room for all that come in.  Many
people who are loosing their jobs and homes cannot afford to feed or care for
them, have to move into rented house that does not allow animals (they do allow
children who can in many cases be more destructive than animals), so they bring
them to PALS.  We are having a drive for money for food, blankets, meds and
toys.  They are very careful about who gets their animals, you have to go there
and be interviewed before you can adopt.  They want to be sure you will care
for them and can afford a pet.  What really bugs me is those who give away
kittens and puppies at Walmart, etc.  They don't know who is taking them and
why, just want to get rid of them and go home.  Some people will love them, but
many just give in to the kids and then when no one wants to take care of them,
they dump them.Like Easter chicks and bunnies.