From: April Johnson <cupcake292...@yahoo.com>
To: "felvtalk@felineleukemia.org" <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 2:38 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] Having two Feline Leukemia cats

In June we adopted two cats a young black female(Spicy) and a orange female
(Sunny) from animal control.  Our local shelter was overrun with cats and
begging people to come adopt.  When we took them to the vets a week after being
adopted the receptionist asked if we wanted them tested.  I did not know when I
adopted them that animal control does not test the cats unless you request it.
Well Spicy tested positive for Feline Leukemia.  My vet wanted me to put her to
sleep because she couldn't live with my other cats.  I couldn't do it she was
only 10 months old.  So I transformed a spare bedroom into her home.  She has a
cat tree, sofa, windows and toys galore.  I think she is lonely being by
herself.  A rescue in my area just posted about a mother cat and her juvenile
litter of kittens having all just tested positive for feline leukemia.  I was
thinking of looking for a friend for Spicy.  I had talked to a shelter in our
area that takes in
 FELV and FIV positive cats.  They recommended not adding because it could make
Spicy sick or the other cat sick.  Spicy is do next week to get retested for
FELV, the vet said there is remote chance she could turn negative.  If she is
still positive  do you think it would hurt her to get her a friend??

April