Can someone please give me some advice on the 8 week old kitty I rescued
from the shelter? IFA and ELISA + FELV. What do you all think about that
prognosis?? He is on Clavamax for URI, which is slightly improving, still
very sneezy-snotty, Albon, Metrodione (?) for diarrhea, which has not
improved, and also L-Lysine/Duralactin gel.
When should I re-test?

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM, <dlg...@windstream.net> wrote:

> I think itis time to retest Annie and Nitnoy with the  IFA and Elisa.  It
> has been 1 year for Nitnoy and over 3 for Annie.
>
> ---- Marcia Baronda <marciabmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No Kidding....my thoughts exactly. And I am just learning this, because
> you
> > can't find any info like this in any books or on any websites about felv.
> > All of you have a wealth of info here and a LOT of statistics!!
> > Just think what that would look like all compiled together.
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Christiane Biagi <ti...@mindspring.com
> >wrote:
> >
> > >  You know, not for nothing, but this testing is really really flawed!
> > > There are just too many stories of folks with inconsistent results.
>  Life
> > > and death decisions are made everyday based on these tests and all of
> us who
> > > have felv+ cats know the tests to be a bit shaky.  My own Tucson tested
> neg
> > > at about 3 months & post years later even though she’d never been
> exposed to
> > > the outside or any pos cats…..****
> > >
> > > ** **

Crystal Carlsberg Beecher
B.A., Womens Studies, UCLA
M.A., Education with emphasis in Gender Studies, LMU
(818) 633-2416
~ People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They
chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill
the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever
needed to search was within.
-Ramona Anderson