Yes, for one of my kits, I spread a thin layer of baby food on top of
healthier food---just enough to get the smeller going.   You can also
crumble kibble on top of better food, or use other really smelly bribe
foods as toppers, e.g., bonito flakes, tuna water, crushed dried tuna,
nutritional yeast, etc.