Vicky..abt kitty #2 that you said vomits a lot, it isn't necesaraly b/c he's
long haired..I assume you meant he hacks up hairballs, or does he vomits clear
liquid? Clear could be trying to bring up a hairball too but at 11 I'd have him
checked for a renal condition.
Cats with CRF throw up very often, I had a 10 yr oldĀ  that was sick almost
every other day, she was fine otherwise but her kidneys were failing. I didn't
know the first year until she had a senior panel.
So if you haven't done it, I'd suggest you go that route for him.
Marta

http://homelessnomore.webs.com/