This may answer your concern:
http://www.wondercide.com/content/is-cedar-toxic-to-cats/

From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Marcia
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:54 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Off topic: Fleas

I thought that cedar caused liver damage in small animals. Anyone see ever hear
about this?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Natalie <at...@optonline.net> wrote:

I found something that I received from a friend a while back – was someone
asking about flea treatments in this group?

I think I have used everything you can think of and this is the best stuff I
have used.  The fleas take one or two steps and they are gone.  There is no
residual effect, but your house smells like a cedar closet.

Best Way is what they sell to spray right on the pet and in your house.

Then ProChoice I think is the name of it for your yard.

This stuff kills all non beneficial insects but not benefical like bees and
butterflies.  So daddy long legs will survive but not roaches or mosquites or
ticks etc.

www.cedarcide.com

It is made in Houston, Tx from a specific cedar tree.

Susan