Non cat people just don't get it.  I think they also are thinking more of
themselves than the cat.  They just do not want to go to the trouble and puting
the cat to sleep is a way out for them.  They can appear as caring, loving
people.  My 2 girls have been with me for 5 years now and are healthy and
happy.  If I had listened to the naysayers, I would have put them down the day
I found out they were positive.  Until the day they truly become ill and their
life is filled with pain and no joy, they will continue to live with me and
enjoy life.

---- Joslin Potter <joslinir...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> When we found out Zoey was + with FeLV I automatically thought like what your
> describing, he was going to have to be laid to rest, however, my vet was very
> optimistic and caring. She assured me that things were going to be fine,
> different, but fine. Thye stood by my decision to keep him alive, they would
> call once a month to check in on him, and always were very accomidating in
> providing care at a decent price. However a few weeks ago when we took him
> in, before putting him down, she even shed a tear herself that he was in a
> lot of pain, and they could treat him but it didn't look like he was going to
> stay better. So, we made the decision.

But you are correct. A lot of people even that when we told them that Zoey was
"special" they would ask why? Why would you want a cat tat was sick like that
and I've even been called Selfish for letting him suffer, however the first
year was a little ruff, but the three years later, up until 6 months before we
put him down, you couldn't even tell.

- Joslin