From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Sharyl
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:33 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Advice

Dee, I'm sorry your cat is having problems.  Cerenia is typically Rx'd as an
anti-emetic (vomiting).  Some vets also Rx it for nausea even though there
are better drugs to use for nausea.  Each kitty is unique and Cerenia does
seem to help fight nausea in some cats.  Most in the FAF yahoo group give it
for 4 days then take a day off.  Not sure what you vet recommended.  The FAF
list members have found Cerenia to be a very effective and safe anti-emetic.

Here is a link to a good vet article on meds used to control vomiting.  The
info on Cerenia is about 1/2 way down under the heading 'A new antiemetic
drug for dogs'.

http://veterinarycalendar.dvm360.com/avhc/content/printContentPopup.jsp?id=6
76860

Hope this helps