Dot,

Not sure if you're still on, but just saw this:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151219931374449.477932.144611599448&type=1

Having been in pre-hurricanes and Nor'easters, I don't know if this would
really work.   Seems the rocks are a bit small.   I've had plastic that I
nailed up ripped off my house.

Kathy

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:54 AM, kat <merrykatme...@email.com> wrote:

> Dot,
>
> Your husband sounds like a real kitty lover too!!  The shelters he has put
> together sound great and I hope the kitties weather the storm safely.
>
> I have been told that there is a high pressure system out in the Atlantic
> (near Iceland?) that is preventing Sandy from going out to sea. So I have
> been sending "dissipate" prayers to that system so that Sandy can change
> direction before making landfall this evening!! I'm located in the
> northwest corner of NJ, so I shouldn't get "hit", but losing power is
> always a concern.
>
> Your kitties are in my prayers!!
>
> Kat ("Mew"  Jersey)

----------------------------
Go Get a Life---Go Get a Shelter Animal!

If you can't adopt, then foster "bottle baby" shelter animal, to save their
life.  Contact your local pound for information.
<http://www.laanimalservices.com/volunteer_fostercare.htm>

If you can't bottle feed, foster an older animal, to save their life, and
to free up cage space.

Ask your local animal pound to start saving over 90% of their intake by
implementing the No Kill Equation:
http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/no-kill-equation/<http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/>

Here's the current growing list of true No Kill communities:
http://www.no-killnews.com/ (see the right sidebar)

Legislate better animal pound conditions: http://www.rescue50.org

More fun reading: http://www.nokilladvocacycenter.org/shelter-reform/guides/

More fun watching: http://vimeo.com/nokill/videos especially
http://vimeo.com/48445902

Local feral cat crisis?   See Alley Cat Allies' for how to respond:
http://www.alleycat.org/page.aspx?pid=537