I've heard of this....... People who want to get rid of a cat because
the fur doesn't match the furniture.......... Geez.

I have my furniture covered in multicolored velour upholstery, and my rugs,
are all oriental design.  The design really hides the fur, and the soft
velvet upholstery is not what cats like to claw.  It works, and I have
a bunch of cats of all sizes, shapes and colors including three long haired
cats who really leave a lot of fur around!  There are ways to live with
multiple cats and still have a nice home, but too many people use fur as
an excuse to dump their pets.

Lorrie