Lorrie, I'm in tears for you and the kittens. You are such a wonderful, caring
person. My Desi, a colony cat got sick several months ago. We didn't even know
he was FeLv+. He was around 6 years old. No one in the colony was ever sick.
Don't know what happened to Desi. His sister Lucy was killed by a car when she
was very young but Desi grew to be a lovely, happy sleek black cat. Then my
friend noticed that he was losing weight a few months ago, took him to a vet.
He tested positive for leukemia and chronic anemia. Vet said he wouldn't last
more than a couple of weeks. I took him in because I have a room reserved for
emergency cases. He actually began to eat like a little porker and gained a bit
of weight. I gave him vitamins with iron, formulated in a liquid for cats. He
played a bit also and I thought there might have been hope. Just as I began to
relax and enjoy having him as a "guest", his period of remittance ended, he
lost his appetite and within
 a couple of days, simply faded away. The only positive thing was that he
curled up in his box where he always felt safe and secure and went into a
forever sleep. Hope he was having a wonderful dream when he passed. I love you
and all those who rescue these deserving cats. There is so much prejudice
against cats in general that it's close to a miracle to find people who care as
much as  you and other FeLv+ and FIV+ cat rescuers. Feel joy that you gave so
much pleasure to these two kittens. Life is not about quantity, it's about
quality. Hugs.

too!