Here are some articles regarding the use of ketoprofen in cats
(and dogs). Any drug may have risks, but in some cases, one needs to weigh risk
vs. benefit. I am by no means suggesting the use of ketoprofen for anyone
else's cats, but t has been a blessing for me. I have only used it short term,
not for the management of chronic pain.

                For my FeLV Gribble, it was given to manage an intractable
fever of unknown origin.

http://www.drugs.com/vet/nvketoprofen-tablets-5-mg-can.html

http://www.vetinfo.com/feline-arthritis-pain-management-ketofen-cats.html

http://veterinaryrecord.bmj.com/content/143/7/185.abstract