Dear Catherine,

I'm so sorry to hear of Meowko's passing.  She sounded like a wonderful
kitty.  During her short time on earth, she was loved and loved you and
your family in return.  Please take comfort in knowing what a great life
you provided for her and the loving companionship you and Meowko shared.

Sincerely,
-Amanda

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Michele Fougeres <
atomicbetti...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Catherine,
>
> I'm flooded with tears after reading your story with Meowko, what a lucky
> cat she was to have you and your hubby in her life. She brought you and
> your husband together, and has inspired, I think, all of us in this group
> to keep loving our babies and fight with and for them to overcome this
> terrible disease.
>
> I wish you all the best, someday we will all meet again on the other side
> of the rainbow bridge.
>
> Lots of love,
>
> Michele (from Ecuador) <3
>
> ------------------------------
> CC: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> From: ava...@gmail.com
> Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 07:35:03 -0400
> To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Meowko passed, and interferon alpha 2b available
>

> Dear Catherine,
> I'm so sorry for your loss, I know how difficult and heartbreaking such a
> loss is,
>

> Sent from my iPhone.
>
> On May 28, 2013, at 7:21, Margo <toomanykitti...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>  Dear Catherine,
>
>                        I'm so sorry. I know that there are no words that
> will bring any relief, but I wish I could help. Meowko will never be gone
> as long as she remains in your heart, and I see that you will never lack
> for happy memories. That she passed easily is a blessing. She chose you as
> her family and you gave her a wonderful life. There is no greater gift.
>
> She has just gone on ahead. Not far, and you may still sense her sometimes.
>
> I wish you peace, Meowko has found hers.
>

> *Lend Me a Kitten* I will lend to you a kitten, God said.
> For you to love her while she lives, and mourn her when she's dead.
> Maybe for twelve or fourteen years, or maybe two or three.
> But will you, 'till I call her back, take care of her for me?
>
> She'll bring her charms to gladden you and, should her stay be brief
> You'll always have your memories, as solace for your grief.
> I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return.
> But there are lessons taught below I want this girl to learn.
>
> We've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true.
> And from the folk that crowds life's land, she has chosen you.
> Now will you give her all your love, nor think the labor vain?
> Nor hate me when I come to take my kitten home again?
>
> I fancied that I heard them say 'Dear Lord Thy Will Be Done'
> For all the joys this FurChild brings, the risk of grief we'll run.
> We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may.
> And for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay.
>
> But should you call her back much sooner than we planned,
> We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.
> If, by our love we've managed your wishes to achieve,
> In memory of  the one we loved, please help us while we grieve.
>
> And when our cherished kitten departs this world of strife,
> Please send yet another needing soul for us to love, for life.
> [...]

"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge" Bertrand
Russell