After the long discussion that I just got on testing, I am really confused and
concerned.  I have a group of 6---one senior and the others a year old.  It was
suspected that they were exposed to a cat with feline leukemia so I had them
tested.  All but the one year old female tested positive on the Elsa---I
believe it was that---did not really ask but it was a test done in the vet
office in about 15 0r 20 minutes.  I moved them all indoors and got heaters and
airconditioning for my garage (where they live), treated them aggressively, fed
them more and better, and tried to reduce their stress as much as possible with
climbers toys attention and love.   One did not make it after a month, but he
was the sickest and kept separate from the start in the garage-----the negative
female has been kept in the garage, but separate as well.  Anyway 3 months
later the remaining 5 all tested negative on the same test by same vet.  We
were feeling very happy and
 hopeful.  We plan to have them retested this week (about 2 months since the
last test) and were hoping and praying that we once again get a negative test.
We were thinking that if they were negative a second time, that we would be
free and clear of this horrible illness and not have to worry about them and
did not have to worry about keeping them all separate from each other and our
other inside cats.  But after reading this recent discussion I worry that
another negative snap test won't mean anything.  Should I have the Elsa test
done instead or also---if I can come up with the money?  Should I have another
vet and lab do it?  Do I have to worry about them for the rest of their lives
that this will pop its ugly head up again in years to come as carriers or what?
 Thanks, Karen