Pale gums can indicate anemia, if gums are white they are usually near
death.  I'd get the kitty's PCV (packed cell volume) checked asap.  FELV+
cats are particularly prone to anemia, I don't have any FELV+ cats and
think sometimes it is non-regenerative but some here might have some advice.

Not to scare you, but anemia is something that needs to be addressed
quickly.