You can get DMG without a prescription at Amazon, and
I imagine many other places. That's where I get it.

Chris C.

-----Original Message----- From: Lance
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:32 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Gum redness

Just saw your post here and on the Yahoo! list, but thought that it’d be better if I replied here.

Before we knew my FeLV+ cat was FeLV+, her then-vet said that her gums were becoming irritated, and that I needed to switch her to Prescription Diet t/d. I did, and the irritation seemed to go away. She hasn't had any stomatitis or gingivitis issues since then *that I know of*.

I don’t know that this is the best solution to Kitty’s issue, but it might be something you could look into as a supplemental option, if she’s good about eating dry food and you think she’s not to the point where it hurts to eat. I don’t give Ember t/d as free-fed dry food any more, but instead give it to her as a treat (four or five pieces in the morning and again at night). Prescription Diet is not the best food, but the texture/composition of this particular formula seem to help with teeth and gum problems.

I think it would be good to consider giving Kitty interferon alpha and/or DMG. The latter is very inexpensive and easy to dose (either in semi-hard treat form or liquid form), and it does boost the immune system a bit. Your holistic vet might be able to tell you more about DMG and interferon.

Best wishes for Kitty,

Lance