Hi guys,

I am pretty familiar with FeLV but heard something that is alarming and am
hoping there is someone that can give feedback on this.

Our rescue took in a nursing mother cat and her two kittens and a 5 month old
kitten, unrelated, at the same time. These cats were in the same quarantine
room but in separate holding pens (having no direct contact with each other).
The 5 month kitten tested strong positive for FeLV and does have very large
nodes. She also had a bad case of fleas.

I read that FeLV can be transmitted through fleas - has anyone done research,
or spoken with a well qualified veterinarian about this?

The mother cat and her kittens have not shown any evidence of fleas or fleas
dirt but I am still concerned about this potential for transmission, especially
since they are newborns.