From: Kelley <moonv...@gmail.com>
To: felvtalk <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Fri, Mar 14, 2014 10:56 am
Subject: [Felvtalk] 2 new felv kitties

Ugh...we have 2 my stepdaughter brought in recently.  I had the boy, approx one
year, tested while he was being neutered. Outwardly he appears fine but has
mouth lesions.  Had the two girls, about 6 months old, tested. One tested pos
and one neg.   The pos girl had uri but bounced back quickly.

We're trying to raise money for a holistic vet.  Have y'all had better or worse
luck with holistic vs. regular vets?   I have the two positive kitties
isolated, is it safe to let the negative girl in with the (vaccinated)
negatives?   I know some of y'all mix but I'm not ready for that.

I have gotten sooooo much conflicting information from various vets it is
crazy. The low cost spay neuter clinic recommended immediate euthanization.
Didn't even mention the ifa - I had to insist on it.  Unfortunately it turned
out pos as well.  The holistic vet was much more positive and said she'd had
quite a few turn neg.

We're also raising funds for them. I spent over 1,000 in vet bills out of my
own pocket last month and can't do that again.

Also, I did ask about interferon. The holistic vet said they would gladly do it
but it was an older treatment she had found expensive and of very little
benefit.

We have appointments for both of them with the holistic vet next Wednesday.

Below is their fundraising link - please give or share or both. I'm thinking of
making a fundraising page for them also.

https://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/help-merlin-and-coco/145925

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone