Immunofluorescence Antibody Assay. Generally speaking, if a cat tests positive
on an IFA, it means that the cat will be positive for life. I’ve never done an
IFA for Ember, but I feel pretty confident that she’d test positive, as she had
a number of positive ELISAs.

There’s more information (than you might want to know) in this PDF:

http://www.catvets.com/public/PDFs/PracticeGuidelines/RetrovirusGLS.pdf

Ember has been living with the virus for at least eight years—just another
reminder that FeLV+ status is not a “death sentence”.

Best hopes for the sister and brother.

Lance