The regular rabies shot actually lasts up to 3 years for immunity. Is the
bat still living in the garage with Harley? You should not vaccinate him every
year. It's not necessary. Not all bats have rabies or carry
rabies. If there are holes in the garage ceiling or rafters, get someone to
patch them up because bats do not usually fly in the door. They will go for a
dark hole high up. I once found a dead bat in my yard, thought the cats had
killed it and sent the body to rabies control. The bat did not have rabies.
However, I had all the yard cats re-vaccinated for rabies. At that time, the
vet told me that the protection lasts
about 3 years, even with the regular shot.