This is just a nutritional supplement, I wouldn't think it would taste or smell like medicine. I offered it like a treat. Hmmmm, I'll have to give it a teeny taste myself and will report back. I'll offer it to the FeLV+ boys one more time, and if they still turn their noses up, I'll offer to the other cats. Maybe there will be one that likes it. You never know. I had an older kitten at the vet that needed a pill, and the vet put it in some peanut butter! I would let him have a lick of PB from time to time at home, but now that he's 6 years old, it no longer appeals to him. Or maybe he just liked the vet's brand better, LOL.

Marsha